Australian Association of Pet Dog Breeders Inc
When you join the AAPDB as a Probationary member your first name, breeder identification number, phone number and local government area will be published on the AAPDB web site automatically.
This is done in order to allow members of the public to check that a person claiming to be a member is in fact currently registered with the AAPDB.
When you become a Full member you have the opportunity to advertise your contact details (and web site address if you have one) but you can choose to continue with minimal contact information if you wish. No other details will be provided to anyone without your written approval. Membership details will only be available to the Executive Committee Members of the AAPDB (President, Compliance Officer, Treasurer and Secretary)
However you must be aware that each state Government has requirements for information to be made available to specific individuals or organisations if the AAPDB is an Approved Entity in that State.
In Queensland approved entities are required to provide information to:
- Department of Agriculture and Fisheries, in order to perform its functions under this Act and the Animal Care and Protection Act 2001 (ACPA);
And, on request to:
- RSPCA in order to perform its functions under the ACPA;
- Local government, in order to perform functions under this Act or the ACPA;
- A police officer who is monitoring or enforcing compliance with this Act or ACPA or performing functions in relation to an animal or an animal welfare offence; and
- An authorised officer under the Racing Integrity Act 2016 who is performing functions in relation to an animal or an animal welfare offence.
Welcome to the Australian Association of Pet Dog Breeders Inc website (the Website), which is owned and operated by The Australian Association of Pet Dog Breeders Incorporated (we, us, our, or AAPDB Inc).
We cannot be responsible for any delays or interruptions to the Website.
We will use commercially reasonable efforts to minimise delays and interruptions.
However, we cannot warrant that the Website will always be available at any given time.
AAPDB may at any time and without notice to you, discontinue the Website in whole or in part. However, the AAPDB will not be responsible for any loss, cost, damage or liability that may result from our discontinuance of the Website.
In relation to the AAPDB Website, you must not:
- use the AAPDB Website for any activities, sales or post or transmit via the AAPDB Website, any information or materials which breach any laws or regulations, infringe a third party’s rights, or are contrary to any relevant standard or codes.
- use the AAPDB Website to post or transmit any material which interferes with other users or defames, harasses, threatens, menaces, offends or restricts any person or which inhibits any user from using the AAPDB Website or the Internet.
- use the AAPDB Website to send unsolicited email messages.
- in any way tamper with, hinder or modify the AAPDB Website.
- knowingly transmit any viruses or other disabling features to the AAPDB Website or via the AAPDB Website; or
- attempt any of the above acts or facilitate or assist another person to do any of the above acts.
The material on the AAPDB Website, including the software, design, text, images and graphics comprised in the AAPDB Website and the selection and layout of the AAPDB Website are owned or under license by the Australian Association of Pet Dog Breeders Inc (AAPDB) and protected by Australian and international laws.
Your use of the AAPDB Website does not grant you a licence or act as a right of use of any of the trademarks or logos, whether registered or unregistered, that are displayed on the AAPDB Website without the express written permission of the trademark owner.
AAPDB owns the copyright, which subsists in all creative and literary works that are displayed on the AAPDB Website.
You may view the AAPDB Website and its contents using your web browser. In visiting the AAPDB Website, you may by no means make a temporary copy of the AAPDB Website at any time.
You must not:
- reproduce or use any of the material on the AAPDB Website for commercial purposes, including sales.
- in any way modify the material on the AAPDB Website; or
- cause any of the material on the AAPDB Website to be framed or embedded in another website.
In summary, you must not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, frame, upload to a third party, post, transmit or distribute any of the content of the AAPDB Website in any way except as expressly provided for by the AAPDB or expressly authorised in writing by the AAPDB.
If you do any of the above acts, we will not hesitate to enforce our intellectual property rights against you.
Third party links:
The AAPDB Website may contain hyperlinks and other pointers to websites operated by third parties (Linked Websites). We do not control Linked Websites and are therefore not responsible for the content of any Linked Website or any hyperlink contained in a Linked Website. We provide the hyperlinks for your convenience only and do not indicate, expressly or implicitly, any endorsement, sponsorship or approval by us of a Linked Website or the products or services offered at Linked Websites. You visit Linked Websites entirely at your own risk.
AAPDB does not provide any warranty or take any responsibility for any aspect of Linked Websites or their content. You should make your own investigations with respect to the suitability of goods and/or services offered to you via a Linked Website.
By using the AAPDB Website, you agree to indemnify the AAPDB from and against all actions, claims, suits, demands, damages, liabilities, costs or expenses (whether in tort or in contract including and without limitation, negligence) arising out of or in any way connected to the use of the AAPDB Website by you.
Some legislation such as the Australian Competition and Consumer Act 2010 and other similar consumer protection laws and regulations in other countries may confer you with rights and remedies relating to the provision of goods or services to you by us via the AAPDB Website which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified (your Statutory Rights). We exclude all conditions and warranties implied by custom, law or statute except for your Statutory Rights.
Except for your Statutory Rights and with respect to the AAPDB Website:
- all material on the AAPDB Website is provided to you without warranties of any kind, either express or implied.
- we expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind including but not limited to implied warranties of merchant-ability and fitness for a particular purpose.
- AAPDB does not warrant that the functions contained in any material on the AAPDB Website or your access to the AAPDB Website will be uninterrupted or error free, that any defects will be corrected or that the AAPDB Website or the server which stores and transmits material to you are free of viruses or any other harmful components; and
- AAPDB does not warrant or make any representation regarding your access to, or the results of your access to, the AAPDB Website including its correctness, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, reliability or otherwise.
To the extent permitted by law, including but not limited to any act or omission on your part, we will not be liable for any loss, damage, costs or expense whether direct, indirect, incidental, special and/or consequential, including loss of profits, suffered by you or claims made against you which result from any use or access of, or any inability to use or access, the AAPDB Website.
You expressly acknowledge that we do not exert control over users of the Internet, and we are not liable for damage suffered by you, either directly or indirectly, as a result of your access to the AAPDB Website.
Limitation of Liability:
In the case of services supplied or offered by us:
- the resupply of the services; or
- the payment of the cost of having the services resupplied.
In the case of goods supplied or offered by us:
- the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods.
- the repair of such goods.
- the payment of the costs of replacing the goods or acquiring equivalent goods; or
- the payment of the costs of having the goods repaired.
We do not make any claims that the information is appropriate or may be downloaded in all areas, countries or jurisdictions. Access to the information contained on the AAPDB Website may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the AAPDB Website, you do so at your own risk, and you are responsible for compliance with the laws of your jurisdiction.